15 February 2008

more love!


One. Two. Three.

Today is my 3 year anniversary with K.

It started off with a serious discussion of whether or not a 3 year anniversary means that we have been together for three years or that we're headed into our 3rd year of bliss together.

I mean, sure, I could see how one could get confused. I mean, really, no, I can't, but I am willing to believe she was still sleeping and instead focus on how cute she is with bedhead.

One thing that K and I have been all about from the beginning of our three years (yeah, we finally figured out that we have actually been together for three years after some intense finger math) is dining out. As far as social activities go, sure we enjoy bowling and walking around cute neighborhoods and fighting for the armrest, I mean holding hands, at the movie theater, but throw us in a restaurant and now we're talking.

We've also been known for doing some early bird specials, if you know what I'm saying. And, if you happen to be under the age of 60 and don't know what I'm saying, well, we like hit up the hot spots at about 4:30 in the afternoon. You know, before the kids come in and make it all loud and such.

We're headed to upstate NY for a little cabin fever this weekend and before we leave we're squeezing in an anniversary dinner at a softly lit romantic place here in providence right after I get off work at 4pm.

It's really the perfect celebration of us---doing something we love with each other at a time where it could seem out of place but really is just absolutely, well, perfect.

Here's to a weekend of rest & relaxation & fresh mountain air.

No comments: