24 October 2007

dumpster diving

A few weeks ago, when walking the dog in front of our apartment, a sketchy looking dress form perched on the sidewalk next to the bags and bags of empty seltzer bottles (I have an addiction) caught my eye.


After I made a big deal about dragging it into the house when no one was looking, K pointed out that it would be a bit uncomfortable when my neighbors (also: landlords) came into the apartment and saw that I had gone through their trash, cleaned it up, and proudly displayed it as my own.

So she made me tell them. Which I did. And then I cleaned it up and now I'm proudly displaying it as my own.

She's a bit rough (and still unnamed) but I think she'll be great for hanging dresses on that don't fit me or randomly sticking fabric and pins on her, you know, like I'm sewing something or something. Whatever, I saw it once on Project Runway.

Anyway.

The spare room/sewing room/cd collection holding room is slowly....slowly coming together. It needs to happen relatively soon because I need to start working on the craft profects that K & I will be passing on this holiday season. Cheap craft projects. Seriously, if my mother doesn't need a pine cone ornament then I don't know what she needs.

At least now I'll have some company*.


*yeah, I should probably try to make some friends. talking to a dress form isn't that far off for me right now.

No comments: