02 November 2007

color my world.

I'm still on the job hunt -- but I think I found my true calling. I want to be the person in charge of naming paint colors. It sounds dreamy.

So far, in my own apartment--we have a Blissful bedroom, a Starfish Kitchen, and an Expresso living room. After this weekend, we will be relaxing in a Pomegranate den and I just finished the Lincolnshire Olive sunroom (see above.) Lincolnshire Olive! How romantic! The name even managed to make a difference when I fell backwards off the ladder, smacking my head on the doorframe and knocking over the precariously perched can of paint. After all, how could I really be that upset spending two hours cleaning up something that sounds as pretty as Lincolnshire Olive? Green? Yeah, now, green paint would have been a bitch--but Lincolnshire Olive is a different story.

If I did have this fantastic job--I would spend days in Home Depot, delighting in hearing couples argue over whether "Juniper Leaf" or "Sunday Brunch" is the perfect color for the kitchen. My colors! God, what satisfaction.

Although--I have a feeling I'd be fired after I came out with the color: "Pizza Sauce" or used the word plum in way too many names just because I like saying it.

So, back to the drawing board.

No comments: