11 February 2008

her first.

This weekend my best friend S came to visit. S lives in upstate NY and before that in rural Maryland and before that with me in Chicago. We've gone from three feet to a thousand miles to three hours.

I learned that S has never been thrifting---which I didn't really understand. I just blinked at her for a while, trying to imagine what she does every Saturday. She probably reads. She's smart like that.

I was more than happy to drag her out and about, digging in racks searching for the perfect finds. I won't lie-- I'm sure I was patronizing, holding her hand around the store so she wouldn't wander off and talking slowly as to not shock her system with too much information.

Yeah, so here's the thing. S is amazing at thrifting. Once she got over the flashbacks of skorts and junior high, she started pulling out adorable. amazing. priceless. perfect. vintage goodness.

She did go on a bit of an excited rampage near the champagne glasses and we had a couple of casualities (at least she did while I hid safely near the angel food cake pans), but all in all, she was an absolute thrifting partner delight.

Now I just have to lure her back to little rhody every weekend to find more goodies like these.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love, love, LOVE that last one! What an amazing find.

*melanie from www.meli-mello.com